If mealtimes feel like an uphill battle and you can’t get through dinner without food fights, yelling, and stress, keep reading!
During this workshop, we will be going through all things food and behaviour. This is not a nutrition workshop. We’ll be discussing mealtime mechanics, age appropriate expectations around food and mealtimes, creating routines and boundaries around mealtimes at the table, fostering the development of table manners, and working through lots of specific challenging feeding scenarios. We’ll also explore our roles as parents in our childrens’ development of their relationships with food, what to say, what not to say, what to let go of, and I’ll show you other ways to encourage healthy eating habits without bribery, trickery, or punishments.
Some examples of the scenarios we’ll discuss: what to do when your child asks for sweets, what to do when your child loves snacks and you struggle to get them to eat proper meals, what to do when your child doesn’t want to sit at the table, what to do when your child throws food or is doing something you don’t want them to do at the table, what to do when your child says yuck to a food or says I don’t want that, I won’t eat that, I’m not hungry, I want something else, I want goldfish, etc.
You will benefit from this workshop if:
– You want to enjoy mealtime with your family without power struggles
– You want to learn how to set boundaries and logical consequences around your child’s behaviour at mealtimes
– You want to know exactly what to say in the moment that doesn’t involve bribing, yelling, or trickery
– You want to enjoy a hot meal without getting up from the table multiple times to get things for your kids
– You want to start on a path to raising a child who likes to eat, who listens to their body, and uses food for the right reasons.
Next Available Date: Saturday January 22, 2022 from 1pm-2:30pm